Inside Sarawak

  • Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size

Brooke Memorial

E-mail Print PDF

The Brooke Memorial is located at the front of the Court House. The 6 metre high granite obelisk was commissioned in 1924 to honour the 2nd Rajah, Charles Brooke.

At the corner of the obelisk is a bronze panel of four figures representing the Sarawakian community: Chinese, Dayak, Kayan and Malay. The colonial baroque Clock Tower behind the memorial was added in 1883.

Advertisement:

For Internet Service, Please visit:

TERAZONE IT CENTRE
Shop 5.18, Level 5, Wisma Sanyan,
No. 1 Jalan Sanyan
96000 Sibu, Sarawak, Malaysia

 

Statistics

Content View Hits : 1599843